Wednesday, August 8, 2007

What is a Blog?

I am going to talk about when I first discovered that there was a thing called blog. I read about making money from blogging in a newspaper called Madhyamam. It said that we can make money from a blog, without saying what a blog was. That was before I know there was a thing called blog. I remembered seeing "blogspot.com" in the end of sum URLs. I just typed "blogspot.com" in the address bar which led to "blogger.com". I started a blog there without knowing what it was, seems fun ha..? With a search in wikipedia I found what it was. The Wiki said :"A blog (a portmanteau of web log) is a website where entries are written in chronological order and commonly displayed in reverse chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog". That was the time when I understood what a blog was. You can find lots of definition to blog, spending just a minute for googling. The best way is 'make a blog'

I will tell what I know about a blog "a blog is a website where you add new content called 'Post', continuously". After that I heard about some sites other than blogger to make a blog and I understood that some blogs can be made paying and without having an extension like ".blogger" at the end. They are made stand alone using sites like wordpress.org. You can make it free using Blogger or Wordpress. There are lots of uses for a standalone blog, but I use a blogger blog because I don't want to take risk. I don't know if I can pay for a stand alone one and a blogger blog is sufficient for me. I want you to use a stand alone one if you can pay for it. You can make it here at Wordpress.org.

Post

You know what a post is, it's the name given to the content you add to a blog. You are reading the post 'Blog?'. I am adding this so you can understand any tutorial or guide about blogging. The posts are arranged in chronological order and few are given in the home page the older one are saved as archives which you can find in the link at home page. If this description is not enough then gave a search or what ever it takes to understand. When I started blog I don't know what a post was. You can really what I did with a blog where I can't do anything.

Comment

You should know what it is, yes the review of the readers about your posts. They may say good or bad, but I think it is essential.

If you have any more confusion, there are lots of guides waiting for you.


0 Post a comment: